The role involves designing methodologies as well as developing new actuarial tools and systems in the Solvency II and Economic Capital toolkit, with a particular focus on new developments relating to balance sheet and capital projections and analysis.
This is both a technical and “softer-skills” role that will develop excellent SII knowledge as well as a sound understanding of European insurance operations.
• Explain the impact of Solvency II regulations on new developments
• Understand the Economic Capital methodology.
• Reconciliation between Solvency II, Economic Capital, IFRS and other reporting methodologies
• Implement the requirements of the EC model for ORSA reporting across the European entities.
• Designing, building, testing, and producing Available and Required Capital projection capability, including changes required to various systems and tools.
• Working with the modelling team to ensure that the correct functionality is built into Prophet models including future regulatory requirements.
• Designing, building, testing, and producing Analysis of Change, as well as Profit and Loss attribution capability
• Creating validation tools to automate and assist the analysis of quarterly figures
• Production of figures and metrics required by Risk Management and Finance.
• Act as a source of technical guidance in order to resolve complex technical queries and input into the development of Actuarial models, making recommendations and advising on issues.
Ideal skills & experience:
• Experience of actuarial reporting/ ICA / Solvency II Experience / Reserving
• Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team and explain technical actuarial issues in non-technical language.
• Willingness to challenge and influence other team members and colleagues.
• An understanding European life insurance products.
• Practical experience of using modelling skills to develop controlled valuation and financial projection systems
• Stochastic modelling / use of ESGs
Please contact Jenny and Jenny@acumen-resources.com and 016099409 for further information.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland