A student rotation program is offered where employees will rotate between departments gaining experience in the following areas:
- Liaise with underwriters and other actuaries to ensure the quality of the pricing process, both in terms of access to appropriate historic loss data at a sufficiently detailed level and in interpreting trends.
- Monitor and communicate ongoing trends in claims development, both internal and external.
- Collate all data relating to the calculation of claims reserves
- Set parameters governing reserve calculation
- Calculate claims reserves
- Establish sensitivity of likely claims costs to changes in experience from assumed
- Contribute to preparation of Data Adequacy Statement and Statement of Actuarial Opinion
- Contribute to the management of capital by establishing liability profiles in order to assess suitable matching asset holdings.
- Take a leading role in the process of reporting on the reserving and capital positions of the company to the Central Bank of Ireland.
- Establish capability to calculate solvency and minimum capital requirements under the Solvency II regime.
For all of the above responsibilities, access will be available to the external actuarial consultant for support and advice.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work on own initiative, to meet deadlines and to be a good team player.
- Energy, drive & commitment to deliver excellent service to all areas of this successful and growing business.
- Be innovative & develop the ability to apply actuarial techniques to practical business situations.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with a range of business partners in order to achieve desired solutions.
- Graduates in Actuarial Science or those with relevant degrees in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or Science with a, or an expected, minimum 2.1 result.