A student rotation program is offered where employees will rotate between departments gaining experience in the following areas:
- To assist with the timely and accurate Financial reporting on various bases e.g. statutory valuation, embedded value, IFRS.
- To assist with the development of capital adequacy and risk based capital techniques in accordance with the companies’ own risk processes and as required by FSA/CBI guidelines companies.
- To assist with the preparation and validation of actuarial data and the development of appropriate documentation financial projections & budget work.
- Solvency II development work including participation in Quantitative Impact Studies (QIS) and gap analyses.
Product & Pricing
- Product development including profit testing, development of policy illustrations and reviews of product literature.
- Assist the Financial Reporting Actuary in ensuring that the company’s ongoing capital/solvency position is monitored and the premium rates charged are appropriate.
- To assist in the production of the experience studies necessary for the smooth running of the business.
- Assisting in the testing and development of quotation and administration systems.
- Assisting the actuarial team in dealing with special requests from the business.
Excellent technical ability.
Strong project / task planning skills.
- The ability to work on own initiative.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Strong educational track record – making good progress through the actuary exams.
The ability to build good working relationships both internally and externally and with people at all levels.