Effective risk management involves a holistic view of various types of risks (e.g. insurance risk, operational risk, financial market risk, etc.) and their interactions with each other. ERM enables informed strategic thinking, better decision making, and enhances the ability of the business to respond quickly in a dynamic and challenging environment. You will be working in the risk function and be involved in ORSAs, risk assessments and risk registers, the implementation of regulatory required risk management standards at a local level, management of the internal operational risk loss data process, as well as responding to regulatory initiatives such as Solvency II and ComFrame, and future validation of the internal model.
You will report to the CRO.
What will your essential responsibilities include?
• To work effectively with experienced and market leading subject matter experts to support ERM processes. The role will involve working closely with a number of the ERM COE including the Capital Modelling COE, UW & Reserving Risk 2nd opinion, Cat Man-made COE, Financial Risk COE and others to ensure we apply the right risk insight and methodologies within our risk management processes and reporting.
• You will be involved in implementing key risk frameworks and best practices (such as risk appetite, tolerances, stress testing, validation and governance)
• You will be involved in the preparation of ORSA reports including regularly updating the ORSA log, utilizing the ERM workflow tool.
• Undertaking risk assessments and the development of operational risk scenarios which will involve at times challenging discussions with key management staff.
• Risk reporting including but not limited to Risk Committee reporting, Risk Management updates, RSRs and SFCRs.
• Assisting with the oversight of overseas branch risk management activities.
• As part of the RM team, identify any shortfalls in expected compliance with the emerging regulatory requirements (including Solvency II) and aid in developing plans to address any shortfalls.
We’re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
• Qualified actuary
• Proven experience of working in a Risk or Actuarial function for a non-life Insurance company.
• Risk Framework experience in a similar role either at Lloyd’s or company market
• Experience in assimilating vast amounts of information for problem solving
• Strong analysis skills (both quantitative and qualitative)
• Attention to detail
• Clear communication, written and presentation, will be important for presenting results and solutions
• Thorough data interpretation skills and attention to detail are a must to ensure that you produce high quality, reliable analysis.
• You will be working in a dynamic team, so you will need to be highly adaptable and comfortable both working on your own initiative and as a keen team player.
Contact Paul@acumen-resources.com or +35316099404 for further details.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland