A consulting firm is looking to further grow their life actuarial team and are looking to recruit both a part-qualified and a qualified actuary to assist in the ongoing management and development of their team.
The range of practical work experience would include working in the life insurance or reinsurance environment with a preference for those with a financial reporting, capital or modelling background. Other skills would include:
• Strong technical skills;
• Financial modelling capabilities;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to work on own initiative and manage time effectively;
• A team player who can integrate into small multi-disciplinary teams,
• Eager to expand knowledge and skills given the broaden nature of the work; and
• Good commercial awareness.
The candidate would work closely with the qualified life actuaries in our practice covering a range of services such as:
• Liaising with a portfolio of clients and advising on all relevant actuarial issues;
• Provision of outsourced actuarial services;
• Provision of formal actuarial opinions across a wide range of technical issues;
• Independent actuarial assessments including reserve reviews, portfolio transfers, expert opinions, transfer pricing support and company valuations for merger & acquisition;
• Profitability reviews and pricing support;
• Involved in the development of initiatives across Solvency II, IFRS 17 and other emerging regulatory, accounting and actuarial requirements;
• Involved in the development of the Actuarial Advisory practice capabilities in Banking and in particular credit risk modelling;
• Involved in the development of the Advisory practice capabilities in Data & Analytics;
• Responsibility for training and monitoring actuarial trainees together with reviewing their work at qualified actuary level;
• Taking an active role in development of the practice including building and maintaining effective relationships with clients.
For further details, please contact [email protected] or +35316099409.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland