The role holders will contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of rating structures and rates across GI accounts (Commercial or Personal Lines) and support the Technical Pricing Analytics function in the development of best in class technical pricing and customer behaviour models for the Irish market.
We would also like you to
• Monitor the performance of pricing decisions and use insight to enhance modelling assumptions and processes.
• Prepare suitable pricing analyses to support recommendations to the Ireland Pricing Forum to deliver planned profitability and drive rating change in the market.
• Maintain effective pricing governance and control process for the Irish market and full documentation of pricing consistent with the GI Technical Pricing Standard.
• Support the pricing change process, requests and new pricing development demand for Ireland
• Deliver effective local market pricing implementation capability.
• Working as part of a team with the Pricing Lead, Senior Pricing Manager and relevant Portfolio Managers, develop new products and solutions to business problems.
The successful candidates must have the appropriate 1st degree ideally in an Actuarial/Statistical/Mathematical qualification.
You will have strong technical numerical, actuarial or statistical skills with the ability to analyse, interpret and use numerical and statistical pricing analysis.
The role holder will have strong IT skills – experience of SAS, Emblem, Rate Assessor, Optimiser, ResQ, MS Excel, Word and general programming an advantage, but training will be provided.
You will also need to have:
• Excellent problem solving skills and ability to develop solutions to unfamiliar problems both independently and as part of a wider team.
• Strong communication skills and in particular an ability to communicate complex issues clearly.
• Highly motivated to produce accurate work whilst under pressure and to tight timescales.
• Achievement orientated with a desire to drive change.
• A team player with an ability to develop relationships with key stakeholders
• Knowledge of the Irish Insurance market
• Business acumen and excellent written and oral communication
You will be a part-qualified actuary.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland