This is a key role within the Finance Function with responsibility to deliver accurate results on time across a variety of reporting bases such as; statutory and regulatory requirements, market consistent value of new business, Economic Framework and Solvency II. The jobholder will interact with teams and colleagues across the business.
These may include some or all of the following:
• Supervise and co-ordinate resources to ensure on-time accurate delivery of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting including (but not limited to): Statutory/IFRS, Regulatory & Group returns, New Business Profitability, Solvency II and Market Value Reporting
• Review reports for accuracy and supplement with value adding explanations and insights to the key sensitivities and drivers of profit and loss.
• Ownership of key actuarial models including the underlying methodology and assumptions. Delivery of successful audits and model validations for the same.
• Day to day relationship management with internal and external stakeholders including but not limited to Finance, Pricing, Risk, Group etc.
• Implement required changes to the reporting systems and processes to facilitate Solvency II reporting requirements and to improve speed-to-market and increased frequency of reporting
• Provide support to Actuarial Planning, Actuarial Modelling, Risk and Capital and Finance teams as required
• Coach, train and manage actuarial students on a day to day basis
• Provide support to Actuarial Reporting Teams and wider Finance area as required.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
Nearly / newly qualified actuary with actuarial reporting experience
Proven experience in building relationships with senior stakeholders
Experience of coaching/managing a team would be a key advantage
Organisation is key with the ability to carefully plan for and deliver all reporting requirements
Technically capable with thorough understanding of the drivers of results
Strong attention to detail and proven experience in reviewing results
Excellent communication skills
Leadership and influencing skills
Team player with ability to interact with colleagues at all levels
Please contact Jenny at Jenny@acumen-resources.com or 016099409 for further information.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate