The purpose of these roles is to lead the actuarial review of regulated entities, delivering constructive challenge externally and technical analysis internally in order to support the supervisory teams in the on-going supervision of the Insurance industry.
• Lead the completion of non-life pricing, reserving and capital management reviews, analysis of the robustness of firms' business models and balance sheets, and the analysis of the efficacy of firms' risk governance frameworks in order to fully support the effective supervision of the regulated insurance industry in Ireland;
• Provide market wide actuarial analysis, including input into Targeted Risk Assessments and Risk Governance Panels to ensure the Senior Management team within the Insurance Directorate are fully informed of current issues and themes;
• In conjunction with the Supervisory teams, lead external engagements with senior stakeholders and through constructive challenge identify critical issues to be addressed; and
• Drive the ethos of knowledge sharing by developing and maintaining productive relationships with the Supervisory teams proactively collaborating with them in order to ensure the Supervisory Teams are sufficiently informed on actuarial issues to provide effective supervision;
• Coach and mentor team members to ensure they can achieve the required performance standards and meet their own job enrichment/development objectives.
• Qualified Actuary with relevant experience of pricing, reserving or capital management;
• Good background in non-life insurance/reinsurance with a sound understanding of actuarial techniques and risk management ;
• Strong analytical skills;
• An ability to research and summarise large volumes of information and data and draw appropriate conclusions;
• Pro-active approach to problem solving;
• Strong written and oral communication and ability to collaborate with technical and non-technical colleagues;
• Commitment to delivering quality work; and
• Knowledge of the regulatory, supervisory and reporting requirements under Solvency II.
Please email [email protected] or call 016099404 for further information.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate