The role is a key part of the business development team with responsibility for structuring, pricing, underwriting and delivering new business transactions. It is an exciting role in a growing team with exposure to both traditional reinsurance and innovative structured reinsurance solutions.
Key responsibilities include:
• Development and structuring of bespoke reinsurance solutions which optimize capital for clients under Solvency II
• Underwriting of new business transactions to ensure all risks are adequately understood and adequately communicated to senior management
• Setting of best estimate and reserving assumptions for pricing of new transactions
• Pricing new transactions in line with underwriting guidelines and Solvency II reserving and capital requirement and in a well-controlled environment
• Developing existing cashflow projection models and new models for bespoke structured reinsurance transactions
• Managing transaction approvals and preparation of presentations for Reinsurance Review and Executive Committees
• Management of client relationships to ensure our client is invited to participate in tender processes and to ensure smooth execution of new transactions
The successful candidate ideally should possess:
• Fellow of an internationally recognised actuarial body – applications from nearly qualified actuaries will be considered depending on their relevant work experience.
• Experience in a life insurance or life reinsurance environment ideally in a pricing, valuation or capital management role
• Competent skills in MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint
• Assertive, self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously, as part of a team and across teams.
• Strong analytical skills and problem solving ability.
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
• An ability to plan work, manage time effectively and ensure timely completion of all deliverables.
• The capacity to effectively and efficiently solve problems and make decisions.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. An ability to effectively communicate complex concepts.
• A flexible and enthusiastic approach to work with a strong appetite to learn and develop.
• Language skills are considered an advantage but not a pre-requisite for the role.
• Willingness to travel for client meetings when required
For details of this exciting opportunity, please contact Paul in strictest confidence (016099404 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland