This is an accelerated career path opportunity for a recently qualfiied actuary to become a HoAF within a reasonably quick timeframe. The role will require a candidate with strong analytical and numerical skills, a high level of computer literacy, with a strong focus on attention to detail. They will need to be self-motivated and organized and able to manage and prioritise a broad range of activities. They will be required to interact with multiple other functional areas aside from underwriting including claims, finance, actuarial and senior management.
Reporting to the Head of Actuarial Function, the deputy will be responsible for the production and support of the Actuarial output regarding all internal and external financial and regulatory reporting.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Supporting internal and external reporting requirements, including the Actuarial Function Report, and attendance at meetings with external partners including regulators
• Providing the Risk Management function with technical support of ongoing quantification, reporting, and management of the company’s risks (e.g., ORSA, ROE monitoring)
• Supporting other aspects of the business, including financial modeling, internal and external audits, collateral management, experience studies, sensitivity testing and reserving for reinsurance contracts
• Regular interaction with the CEO, CFO and Board
• Working with local and foreign regulatory entities to ensure compliance with evolving regulatory regime, including:
– Production of all Solvency II Pillar 3 reporting (e.g., QRTs, SFCR, RSR)
– Production of Solvency II Pillar 1 valuations (e.g. technical provisions, SCR)
– Contribution to Solvency II Pillar 2 compliance as guided by Risk Management (e.g., Risk Policies, Risk Appetite)
– Other requirements of the Central Bank of Ireland
• University degree in Mathematics, Finance or Actuarial Science
• FIA or FSAI or international equivalent
• Extensive knowledge of Solvency II framework and regulations
• Relevant actuarial experience in an actuarial role in the re/insurance market; European experience a plus
• Working knowledge of US and Irish GAAP accounting regulations, International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) a plus
• Advanced IT skills a plus, including computer modeling tools and experience with Excel spreadsheets, Access databases, SQL and RiskIntegrity
Contact Paul@acumen-resources.com or +35316099404 for further details.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland