The Group Chief Actuary is a critical role for the ongoing management of capital and ALM of the Group, assuming responsibility for developing and maintaining the actuarial reporting function across the group of companies.
Reports to: Group CEO
1. Overall accountability for actuarial reporting, bases, valuation models and corresponding processes in the Group.
2. Develop appropriate reporting bases and actuarial models to deliver all regulatory, IFRS and Embedded Value (”EV”) reporting on a solo and group consolidated basis that are in line with best practice, subject to appropriate review and / or audit and to deadlines as agreed with the Group Chief Financial Officer.
3. Build processes to deliver robust monitoring of capital and solvency positions on an ongoing basis.
4. Working closely with the GCIO (Group Chief Investment Officer), develop a robust ALM framework that effectively manages investment risks within the risk appetites and tolerances of the Group. Co-develop reporting processes that monitor the ongoing effectiveness of the ALM implementation.
5. Review reinsurance transactions and acquisitions as a member of the executive team from a capital, solvency and actuarial perspective to ensure transactions meet hurdle requirements and that capital implications are known and planned for.
6. Fulfil the role of GCA and member of the leadership team committed to working collaboratively, openly and to a high standard.
7. Carry out duties with integrity and diligence, ensuring that professional standards are maintained, that reporting deadlines are met, that records are maintained and that actuarial processes are fit for purpose and meet internal and regulatory requirements.
Please contact Paul@acumen-resources.com or +35316099404 for further details.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland