We are looking to further grow our actuarial advisory team and are looking to recruit a part qualified actuary to assist in the development of our team.
The ideal candidate will have practical experience working in the pensions sector with an appetite to continue working on pension-related projects but also growth areas for the practice including (as may be required from time to time), healthcare, banking, data & analytics, wealth management. Other skills would include:
• Strong technical skills;
• Financial modelling capabilities;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to work on own initiative and manage time effectively;
• A team player who can integrate into small multi-disciplinary teams;
• Eager to expand knowledge and skills given the broader nature of the work; and
• Good commercial awareness.
Candidates should be making progress through the exams.
The candidate would work closely with the qualified and part-qualified pension and other actuaries in our practice covering a range of services such as:
• Large-scale and ad-doc pensions and advisory projects which arise from time to time including public sector engagements;
• Specialist support to audit teams in review of defined benefit scheme disclosures;
• Due diligence on the pension aspects of transactions – vendor side and purchaser side;
• Development of the Actuarial Advisory practice capabilities in Banking and in particular credit risk modelling;
• Development of the Advisory practice capabilities in Data & Analytics;
• Taking an active role in the development of the practice including building and maintaining effective relationships with clients.
For further details, please contact [email protected] or +35316099409.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland