This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual with an interest in investments and funds to join the Platform team. The main purpose of this role is to support the set-up and management of the universe of approved funds, along with managing the integrity of the asset data provided on the Platform to help Brokers manage their client portfolios.
• Initiate due diligence on required funds and manage the process through to submission at the Platform Funds Committee (PFC) for approval.
• Draft the requisite approval documentation for all standard funds for review before presenting to PFC and onwards to ULGC seeking appropriate Pricing sign-offs.
• Manage the process to set up and seed new funds post sign-off
• Manage the fund mandates – ensure they are regularly reviewed to ensure that they remain up to date and are refreshed in line with organisational guidelines.
• Monitor and analyse asset, region and fund data that falls to ungrouped categories on a regular basis. Establish the root cause of data integrity issues and devise solutions to resolve or mitigate their impact
• Track and manage the turnaround time on data feeds to ensure that data as presented through the Platform service is un-impacted by delays
• Liaise with our service providers to ensure the circular flow of fund-related data operates as prescribed.
• Source all the latest updated factsheets and ensure they are accessible on-line by Platform users
• Provide ad hoc MI to Platform team to support the achievement of business targets.
• Maintain a suite of MI for Partners quarterly reviews
• Some understanding and an interest in investment markets with some experience in a funds/pricing/actuarial or finance role
• Understanding of insurance product development processes and relevant governance structures would be advantageous
• Advanced IT skills (excel, Access or SQL) would be advantageous
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following attributes:-
• Solutions focused with excellent analytical and problem solving capabilities and an ability to identify and deal with a complex range of requirements.
• Good communication and influencing skills with an ability to build strong effective working relationships with internal stakeholders.
• A strong drive for results and high standards
• Ability to work on their own and consider the Platform data from the adviser and client perspective, to improve the user’s experience
• Planning & organising skills with the ability to prioritise
• The ability to work calmly under pressure with conflicting priorities and deadlines.
• A good team player – willing and able to support the other functions within Platform
• Progress towards an Actuarial qualification, or other industry recognised qualifications
• Experience of working in Financial Services, preferably within an investment or funds-related role.
Please contact Jenny on 016099409 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate