The Senior Valuation Actuary will have the opportunity to play a significant role in the management and continued development of the financial reporting requirements.
The successful candidate will gain exposure to a wide range of traditional reinsurance transactions (e.g. payout annuities, quota share on traditional life business etc.) as well as complex and innovative reinsurance solutions (e.g. longevity swaps / swap options, bespoke longevity stop loss transactions, VIF securitisations, mass lapse covers).
The key stakeholder relationships include: Finance / Risk and Actuarial teams in Dublin and abroad, the HoAF CLIRe, Reinsurance Division Chief Actuary and CRO, internal and external audit partners, cedants and financing partners.
The key responsibilities include:
• To manage a team of 2 – 3 people (mix of actuaries and trainee actuaries) and lead the production of the actuarial reporting on a number of bespoke reinsurance transactions.
• To review and update actuarial assumptions (best estimate and margins for adverse deviations) including mortality, mortality improvements, lapse, expense, interest and inflation.
• To engage with Group ALM to manage interest risk, liquidity, asset matching strategies and the determination of appropriate economic assumptions.
• The quarterly production and presentation to Reinsurance Division senior management of actuarial liabilities (IFRS and Solvency II), complex collateral calculations, quarterly IFRS earnings analysis and capital requirements.
? To manage stakeholder relationships throughout the course of each project /
? To draft accurate, clear and concise documentation (including proposition papers and
committee/Board submission papers) to effectively communicate key insights and recommendations.
• To support the Pricing / Business Development teams with new business propositions and subsequently manage the implementation of actuarial modelling and reporting requirements.
• To assist in the design, development and planning for the implementation of Group projects, new transactions, new capital regimes and new reporting requirements (e.g. IFRS 17).
• To interact with our clients on the more complex features of the underlying treaties.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
• An actuarial qualification with 4+ years post-qualification experience (or equivalent time in a role of significant responsibility prior to qualification).
• A well developed blend of technical ability, judgement, reporting experience and commercial awareness.
• The capability to work under their own initiative and a desire to take ownership of key projects.
• The capacity to effectively and efficiently solve problems and make decisions.
• People management experience with the ability to manage a team to successful outcomes.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. An ability to communicate complex concepts in a manner tailored to the particular audience.
• An ability to work effectively in partnership with senior management across the Reinsurance Division.
• A flexible and enthusiastic approach to work with a strong appetite to learn and develop.
• Communication and influencing.
• Planning and organising.
• Teamwork and cross-functional collaboration.
• Technical expertise.
• Problem solving and decision-making.
• Innovation and change.
For details of this exciting opportunity, please contact Paul in strictest confidence (016099404 or [email protected]).
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland