Reporting to the Senior Reserving Actuary the main focus of this role will be assisting with the production of the quarterly/annual technical provisions and QRTs for our client’s Dublin-based legal entities.
This includes the following tasks:
• calculation of quarterly technical provisions
• maintaining documentation of processes and procedures
• assist in the production of the HoAF reports
• working closely with Finance and Risk Management to ensure the efficient production of the quarterly and annual QRTs
• contributing to the monitoring of changes in rules and guidances or market practice relating to the calculation of TP’s and the production of QRTs
Furthermore, the role holder should contribute to the continued enhancement of the Solvency II close process.
The candidate will be responsible for the monitoring of the controls process relating to the Solvency II filings, and liaise with external Auditors to provide data required for their quarterly/year-end procedures.
In addition, as part of the wider Group Reserving team the job holder will participate, as required, in the quarterly GAAP reserving process, and ensure that it is completed within scheduled deadlines.
The new hire will also participate in selected projects to improve the reserving process and be part of the feedback loop with the business and support units.
• Ideally you possess a degree in actuarial science, mathematics, or a related field, and you are close to completing or have recently attained your actuarial designation.
• Around 5 years’ experience in non-life reserving or pricing working within an insurance or reinsurance company or an actuarial consultancy.
• Strong communication skills and proficiency in English
• High motivation, team-orientation and adaptability
• Strong IT and data management skills; knowledge of visual basic and Business Objects reporting would be an advantage
Contact Paul at 6099404 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland