Our retained client is a global reinsurance leader. They are looking to hire a Senior Life Pricing actuary for their reinsurance division, based in Dublin.
• Be a leading contributor in the Company’s effort to expand its Life Reinsurance capability
• Provide detailed analysis, pricing and modelling for underwriters on existing portfolio.
• Advise senior management team on Life market strategies
• Initiation of creative reinsurance solutions for the Company’s clients.
• Analysis and design of all new transactions & structures and preparation of recommendations
• Investigating & monitoring new markets and strategic opportunities with a view to developing strategic briefings and recommendations
• Research on new statistical techniques for investigating policyholder behaviour
• Optimization of inforce transactions on the balance sheet.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participate on global project teams where appropriate
• Performing actuarial reviews, market studies, research
• Create modelling/pricing tools. Enhance existing tools.
• Present and discuss findings of analysis to other actuaries and underwriters, enhancing underwriters’ understanding of concepts and techniques
• Be able to deal with customers remotely on different time zones
REQUIRED EDUCATION/TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
• Qualified Actuary
• At least 10 years pricing experience, in life and health market.
• Excellent client facing ability and underwriting skills
• Thorough understanding of financial aspects of life reinsurance, particularly within pricing, with possibly some financial reporting & reserving exposure.
• Demonstrable problem solving ability, high attention to detail, strong analytical skills
Contact Paul@acumen-resources.com or +35316099404 for further details.
Acumen Resources specialises in the recruitment of the following professionals:
Chief Actuary | Head of Actuarial Function | Actuarial Director | Actuarial Function Holder | CRO | CFO | Actuarial Manager | Valuations Actuary | Product Development Actuary | Pricing & Reserving Actuary | Solvency II Actuary | Life Insurance Actuary | General Insurance Actuary | Non Life Actuary | Pensions Actuary | Investment Actuary | Capital Modelling Actuary | Capital Management Actuary | Risk Management Actuary | Enterprise Risk Management Actuary | Newly & Nearly Qualified Actuary| Part Qualified Actuary | Trainee Actuary| Actuarial Trainee | Student Actuary | Actuarial Graduate | Dublin | Ireland